Like Smite DE Powder, Smite Killa Powder is 100% Diatomaceous Earth made up of fossilized remains of diatoms, but has a smaller particle size, which means it is fully EU-Approved for use as a pesticide to kill mites, insects, spiders, lice and other small organisms.
Smite Killa Powder is a dessicant which kills insects by physical means; the abrasive nature of the microscopic diatom particles destroy the waxy exoskeleton of the insect, causing it to dehydrate and die. It is a totally natural, organic pesticide which contains no chemicals, which means that it can be used actually on the animals or birds, as well as on the housing and surrounding areas.
Smite Killa Powder is a natural drying agent which absorbs ammonia, so reducing odours as well as killing the small parasites which thrive in animal housing and bedding. It encourages and supports healthy living conditions for animals and poultry, as well as killing the parasites on the host; in turn this reduces irritation and other harmful effects and supports productivity and good health.
Unlike chemical pesticides, there is no risk of resistance build-up when using Smite Killa Powder as it kills pests physically rather than chemically – giving consistently effective results with a long residual, time after time!
• EU Approved for insect control
• Can be used directly on the bird or animal
• Ideal for moist areas where moulds, fungi, mites and crawling insects thrive.
• Natural product, contains no chemicals
• Can be used in food areas
• Suitable for use around all animals or in the home
• No resistance build-up as it kills physically, not chemically
• Long residual effect
• Has no detrimental effect on the natural eco-system
• Kills ants, fleas, bedbugs, cockroaches, stored product insects, mites (including Red Mite), Book Lice, Silverfish
Available in the following pack sizes:
220 g* puffer pack, 500 g*, 2 kg*, 5 kg* tubs and 15 kg* sack
* Due to its small particle size, Smite Killa Powder has a much lower density than Smite DE Powder, with the result that a similar volume of product contains a lower total weight of powder.
Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use
Apply dry Smite Organic Killa Powder at a ratio of 10g per sqm in and around areas which insects frequent. Smite Organic Killa Powder can also be mixed with water at the rate of 4 tablespoons of Smite Organic Killa Powder to 1 gallon (4.5lt) of water and sprayed onto the areas to be treated. As the powder doesn’t completely dissolve the mixture should be shaken or agitated frequently to ensure the mixture is consistent. The addition of 1 tablespoon of mild detergent (such as washing-up liquid) to the mixture will help to keep the powder in suspension and distribute it further into cracks and crevices.
Smite Organic Killa Powder can also be applied directly to small animals, dogs, cats and poultry to control fleas and mite (seek veterinary advice first) and can be added to dustbaths for domestic (caged) birds or poultry. Lightly work the powder into the coat or feathers, paying attention to areas the animal cannot reach, such as the scalp. Repeat the application once a month. As with all topically-applied products, it is recommended to test a small area first, in case of individual sensitivity to the product.
Additional products to use in conjunction with Smite Killa Powder: